BaaS or Backend as a Service or mBaaS refers to a platform that allows developers to focus on the frontend of app or website development. The platform automates the backend part of the development and offers cloud infrastructure. Through this service, you no longer need to maintain an in-house team to manage the responsibilities of running servers. Instead, a third-party takes over this duty.
Apart from reducing your responsibility, the BaaS platforms provide special tools that enhance backend code, increasing the speed of development. With BaaS, you can readily implement features, such as social media integrations, APIs, file storage, push notifications, file storage, and much more.
Listed below are some topics that you will learn more about through this article.
- What is Backend as a Service?
- How a BaaS adds value to your project?
- Project examples running on a BaaS
- Why you need to use BaaS?
- When you should use BaaS?
- Benefits and disadvantages of using backend platforms as a service
- Features of BaaS
- Comparing the various BaaS providers