Engine Yard vs Render Comparison
Cloud computing has now proven to be very effective in the long run for businesses. It has simply changed the layout of how businesses perform for the betterment of their future. Both innovations and advantages could be seen arriving in the form of data management and agile business processing.
Cloud computing solutions have always relied on several Platform as a Service (PaaS) tools, but the two most important ones that simply cannot be ignored are Engine Yard and Render. Choosing either of them can undoubtedly help you enhance your business and let you show greater results over time.
The choice between Engine Yard and Render is not as straightforward as one would like. It is vitally important to understand what your business needs and wants. The information aspects can always help you choose the best one for your business.
Engine Yard Overview
Engine Yard is none other than a PaaS provider that specializes in configuring, automating, and deploying applications in the cloud. It is a widely used platform for both large-scale and small-scale cloud deployments.
Load balancing, cloning, backups, and database replication fall under the list of its capabilities. Cloud application architects and developers have several reasons to choose Engine Yard that include independent infrastructure, control, and self-containment.
Features of Engine Yard
The features of Engine Yard are meant to create new opportunities for both new and old, large and small businesses. Engine Yard helps users deploy apps faster, getting better performance and security.
- From Code to Production – When you are working on your application with Engine Yard, simply write your code, make changes if any, and push the remote respiratory. The tool will then automatically read and analyze your code, create containers, and run them on Kubernetes clusters.
- Zero Sudden Performance Drops – You get a dedicated AWS account and a set of VPCs to protect yourself from the chaotic environment around you. The feature is completely private, secure, and configured.
- Continuous Deployment – Seamless integration of your deployment pipelines can take place while increasing availability with rolling deployments, with zero downtime or performance degradation.
- Always Up to Date, No Downtime – Engine Yard is a tool that regularly and efficiently updates your environment to cope with new releases in the industry for the latest stack and security patch versions.
- Control costs and improve performance: Engine Yard specializes in instant and effective auto-scaling based on increasing application performance and demand and assisting you in smoothly and easily optimizing resource utilization as you scale.
- Intelligence Infrastructure Optimization – Engine Yard has defined highly optimized stacks for all applications, resulting in better performance, faster start times, and greater scalability.
Pricing of Engine Yard
Engine Yard has transparent pricing that makes scaling much easier for businesses. As a business owner, you do not need to worry about scaling. Read on to know the pricing.
- Solo – $25 Monthly Per Instance
- Standard – $150 Monthly Per Instance
- Premium – $300 Monthly Per Instance
- Platinum – $450 Monthly Per Instance
Render is one of the most advanced cloud computing PaaS platforms that builds and runs all your websites and applications with a global CDN, free TLS certificates, private networks, DDoS protection, and auto deploys from Git.
Businesses choose to work with Render oftentimes only because of its efficiency and effectiveness in running and enhancing applications.
Features of Render
Being one of the most popular cloud computing tools, Render has some exciting features that its users also believe in. Read on to learn more about them in detail.
- Application Development
Render is great at providing tools for deploying, building, and integrating source codes into hosted applications.
- Development Tools
Render efficiently provides tools for editing and writing codes, debugging, syntax, and utilizing frameworks. This makes Render, undoubtedly, an ideal platform for recreating websites and applications in the best possible way.
- Language Support
Render supports a lot of essential programming languages that include Node.js, Python, Ruby, Elixir, Go, and Rust.
Render effectively carries out tests on the functionality of a software application within which it inspects, detects, and diagnoses problems in the application.
- Auto Scaling
Render is a PaaS platform that provides advanced tools and bots for scaling your business and its services and data on demand or automatically.
- Database Management
Render lets software developers manage database functions and provides inbound support for different kinds of databases and integration methods.
Pricing of Render
Along with exciting features, Render also showcases the pricing that its users have also believed in. Read on to know the pricing.
The pricing structure covers 4 plans that are:
- Individual – $0/user
- Team – $19/user
- Organization – $29/user
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
In additional to the plans above, users need to pay for the computing costs. A summary of these cost is provided below:
- Static Sites – $0/Month
This plan provides Unlimited Collaborators, 100GB/month bandwidth along with Lightning-fast CDN; automatic continuous deployments from Git, and custom domains with fully managed TLS.
- Services – $0/Month to Start
This plan includes Node, Python, Rust, Elixir, Go, and Ruby along with Custom Docker containers, Web services with full TLS and HTTP/2, Private Services, SSD disks for $0.25/GB per month, and Background workers.
- PostgreSQL – $0/Month to Start
This plan includes Connect from anywhere, Expandable storage, Full-managed PostgreSQL, Automated daily backups, and 1GB SSD storage included.
- Redis – $0/Month to Start
This plan provides availability by queuing jobs, Fully managed Redis, Cache pages, fragments, and results, connect from anywhere, and Reduce the primary DB’s load.
- Cron Jobs – $1/Month to Start
This plan includes Failure notifications, Full support for cron expressions, Cron job logs in real time, run any script or command on a regular basis, and prorated by the second.
Engine Yard vs Render Comparison
|Pricing||Solo – $25/mo/instance|
Standard – $150 /mo/instance
Premium – $300 /mo/instance
Platinum – $450 /mo/instance
|Individual – $0/user|
Team – $19/user
Organization – $29/user
Enterprise – Custom pricing
|Core Features||Deploy to AWS|
Deploys apps faster
Better performance and security
|Deploy, build, and integrate source codes |
Provides advanced tools for debugging
Tests applications thoroughly Scale automatically
Lets software developers manage database functions
Since every important detail about both Engine Yard and Render is mentioned above, business owners can now look forward to choosing the right one for ultimate growth. Understand every point well to know which type of cloud computing is perfect for your business.
What is Engine Yard?
Engine Yard is a cloud-based platform that enables developers and IT operations teams to deploy, manage and scale applications on AWS. It offers various services such as application deployment, database management, DevOps automation, server monitoring, and maintenance. Engine Yard also provides an API for third-party integrations and extensions.
What is Render?
Render Cloud Platform is a cloud-based solution that enables developers to deploy, scale and manage their applications in the cloud. Render combines the best of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), containerization, and serverless computing to provide developers with an easy-to-use and secure platform for deploying and managing web apps, APIs, microservices, and databases.