Most Popular Programming Languages that Will Dominate 2021
Programming Languages have evolved to become an integral part of many disciplines, including Machine Learning, Data Science, and Web Development. Today, there are so many programming languages, and newer languages continue to emerge regularly.
Some of the currently available languages have already gained a reputation over time, and this is due to their continual improvements. We have outlined seven that will be relevant in 2021. You’ll also find where you can learn these languages in this article.
- 1 1. Java
- 2 2. Rust
- 3 3. Python
- 4 4. Kotlin
- 5 5. Go
- 6 6. C/C++
- 7 7. Typescript
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQ
- 10 What are the most popular programming languages in 2021?
- 11 What are the advantages of Java?
- 12 Where to learn to code in Java?
Java is a backend language that has stayed on top of the game among all programming languages for several years now. Even though many languages have emerged after Java, its popularity was not affected. For more than 20 years now, Java has continued to rule as the most effective and powerful programming language available. And you can easily find an online course, such as CodeGym, to learn it.
Java is an on-demand programming language that has gained use and application in different solutions. It was built by Oracle Corporation as a general-purpose language, and now it’s used in web development, Big Data, and mobile applications.
It is worth mentioning that Java is used in the backend of some popular websites like Google, Twitter, and YouTube.
Write Once, Work Anywhere
The biggest advantage of Java is the Java Virtual Machine, and this is because it allows programmers to write the code once and run it anywhere. Provided that a system runs a JVM, programmers will be able to execute their code on such machines.
Another importance of the JVM is that it offers inbuilt security. Therefore, you can reuse your codes on other programs without worrying about it.
Android’s Native Language
Java is now widely used in creating diverse Android applications. Most of the currently available Android applications were designed with Java
Easy to Learn
A major reason why Java is very popular is its ease of learning. Java is easier than some other programming languages like C/C++. Also, it’s beginner-friendly and easy to use.
As mentioned earlier, Java offers inbuilt security features. Unlike other programming languages, Java does not utilize pointers because it permits unauthorized operations.
Diverse Job Opportunities for Java Programmers
Whether you’re an expert or a novice, you can also find a job to apply your Java skills. Most organizations offer entry-level opportunities for beginner developers. These organizations usually work on complex projects, and they often require programmers with different skill levels. There’s always an opportunity for a Java programmer.
Object-oriented and Excellent Multithreading Implementation
As an object-oriented language, it utilizes a dynamic structure that changes over time. This allows it to develop a relationship between other objects.
Java makes use of so many words. You might want to think this is an advantage, but it can become long and complex in some cases. This might pose issues with readability.
Where to Learn Java?
Here are the most reliable places to learn Java:
- Java Tutorial by CodeGym: An outstanding platform where you can get all you need to learn Java online.
- Pluralsight: You can easily understand different design patterns with this platform.
- Udemy: This platform offers different courses and is also ideal for beginners.
Rust was designed by Graydon Hoare, with contributions from Brendan Eich and Dave Harman at Mozilla Research. This is a statically typed and open-source programming language. It is similar to C++, although there are some differences between both languages.
Rust was first released in 2010, and it has become significant in the programming world today. It is now used by many popular organizations, including Dropbox, Mozilla, Wantedly, Sentry, Brilliant, and Qiwi.
This programming language can be used for diverse systems programming. One cool thing is that it provides memory safety, and since it is statically typed, you won’t experience frequent runtime errors. Rust is also a fast programming language, which makes it a good option for developing operating systems, browser components, file systems, and game engines.
- Achieve more while coding less: Rust offers support for different complex features, which is why you can use it to achieve many things.
- Quick Debugging and Testing: Performing debugging and testing with Rust is a lot easier compared to other platforms
- Cross-platform development: This means you can write code that works on different platforms, such as Windows and Mac.
- Steep Learning Curve: You might spend so much time trying to learn Rust because of how complex it is
- Low efficiency: Longer compilation time and the compiled code can be inefficient
- Hard to maintain: Due to the complexities, maintaining Rust can be an arduous task.
Where to Learn
Here are some of the most reliable places to learn Rust:
- Rust Fundamentals by Pluralsight: Ideal for beginners, and will give you the basic information about Rust
- Learn Rust from Scratch by Educative: The course also has an exam to help you know how well you’ve learned the language
- Rust Programming Language for Beginners by Udemy: Udemy offers many courses to help you learn Rust on your own, even as a beginner.
Python is another leading programming language that’s widely used by developers in different parts of the world. The programming language was first released in 1991, and the brain behind it is Guido van Rossum.
Today, Python is used for system scripting, mathematics, software development, and web development. The programming language can also be used in creating different web applications. One amazing thing about Python is that it works on different platforms, including Linux, Mac, Pi OS, and Windows.
When you use Python, you can execute codes as soon as you write them. This is mainly because the programming language runs on an interpreter system.
- Python is multi-purpose
- Python code is simple, readable, and can be more maintainable
- Python’s ability to integrate into other enterprise applications
- Python is functional programming, and it is usually difficult to read
- Python is dynamically typed, which could cause more bugs in the code.
Where to Learn
Here are some of the most reliable places to learn Python:
- LearnPython: A resourceful learning portal with different sessions to help you learn Python.
- Learn Python the Hard Way: A series that will teach you Python and also assess your abilities.
- Invent with Python: An online platform with materials to help you learn Python.
Kotlin is also an open-source and multi-purpose programming language that is statically typed. This programming language was developed at Jetbrains, after which it became open-source in 2012.
Being a programming language that runs on JVM, it is often viewed as a more concise form of Java. However, it is important to note that Kotlin is a strong programming language. You can use Kotlin in different system environments. Also, the language is a nice blend of many functional and procedural programming features.
- Works with existing Java Code: You can easily switch to Kotlin because of the language’s interoperability with Java.
- Can be easily maintained: Different SDK tools can be used to maximize productivity. Also, the programming language is supported by other IDEs like Android Studio, which further shows that it is easy to maintain.
- Less buggy due to compile-time checks: Kotlin is a statically-typed language, which is the main reason it is less buggy.
- Maximize productivity: The Kotlin is a dynamic and compact programming language that can help developers maximize time and deploy fast.
- Doesn’t substitute knowledge of Java: Even though they have so many similarities, you’ll still need to learn the programming language.
- Compilation speed: Even though Kotlin is usually fast, it does not work with the same efficiency as Java.
- Limited sources to learn: There are only very few resources that can be used to learn Kotlin.
Where to learn
Here are some of the most reliable places to learn Kotlin:
- The Kotlin website: Kotlin website itself is a reliable place where you can Kotlin with ease
- Keddit: Learn Kotlin while developing an Android App: A course that will help you learn while practicing your skills.
- Video tutorial by Peter Summerhoff: Get real-time examples with this course, as you watch Peter Summerhoff simplify Kotlin
Go is another popular programming language that is sometimes referred to as Golang. This is also an open-source programming language that was designed by Google and released in 2011. C’ is inspired by C, its concurrency was drawn from Newsqueak, and the language was inherited from the Oberon language.
The main reason why this language has become so popular is mainly because of its added advantages when compared with other fast languages like C. Regular problems like compiling run-time errors and speed problems are all fixed in this programming language.
- Go is easy to learn. You wouldn’t want to learn a language that’d give you a headache.
- The language is among the fastest available programming languages
- Comes with built-in testing tools
- Error handling isn’t perfect
- Absence of manual memory management
- Run-time safety is not that good
Where to learn
Here are some of the most reliable places to learn Go:
- The Go Tour website: Go Tour website offers resources for users to learn the language.
- Go by Example: A complete guide containing the basics of Go
- The Go Bootcamp online book; A book made for beginners. It contains everything you need to know
C/C++ is like the basis of programming because many low-level systems like file systems, operating systems, and more are written in this language. For people who are aiming to become system-level programmers, learning this programming language wouldn’t be a bad idea.
C++ on its own is used by many programmers, and this is mainly because it is stable and extremely fast. The language also offers a Standard Template Library, which comprises different libraries, all of which are ready to use. You can use these libraries for different arithmetic operations, algorithms, and data structures.
C/C++ programs are easy to understand, and they are efficient. Also, they form the basis, which makes it easy to understand other programming languages, especially complex ones.
- C/C++ allows fast execution of programs
- Forms the basis for understanding complex programming languages
- Runs close to the system hardware
- No garbage or convenient dynamic memory allocation. It is important to note that there is dynamic memory allocation in C++, but it is complex compared to what’s obtainable on Java.
- Complex syntax
- No run-time checking
Where to learn
Here are some of the most reliable places to learn C/C++:
- C Programming by LearnVern: Begin your journey to becoming a programmer by learning C Programming.
- C++ for C Programmers by Coursera: If you already know C, you can take this course to learn C++
- C Programming for Beginners by Udemy: There are many courses on Udemy but this course, in particular, is perfect for beginners.
- C++ Tutorial for Complete Beginners by Udemy: A detailed tutorial for beginners who want to learn C++
Typescript is a fast-growing programming language that is now used by many developers. It is also an open-source language, and it was developed by Microsoft. Typescript was first released in 2012, after which it has continued to become popular.
- Typescript is a statically typed language that makes code management a lot easier
- Precise defining through typing
- Typescript is popular and trusted by even the big players in the industry
- Brings a false sense of security: A huge benefit of Typescript is that it helps in alerting programmers when something is wrong with their codes. However, it’s not safe to rely on this because Typescript is not 100% secure.
- Overly complicated typing system
Where to learn
Here are some of the most reliable places to learn Typescript:
- Introduction to Typescript Development by Udemy: Udemy offers so many courses that will help you learn Typescript.
- Typescript Fundamentals by Pluralsight: Pluralsight offers different courses that will help you learn Typescript, and you can begin with this course to learn the fundamentals.
- Learn Typescript: The Complete Course for Beginners by Educative: A perfect guide for Beginners. You’ll be assessed at the end of the course.
There are many programming languages to learn, but we have outlined 7 most popular programming languages that will continue to dominate 2021. If you are thinking of learning a programming language but don’t know where to begin, you can start with our list because we’ve narrowed down the options for you.
Java remains a leading programming language, and it is widely used by many programmers in different parts of the world today. You select this programming language to learn. All you need to do is to take a Java Tutorial by CodeGym, and your journey to becoming a professional programmer will be a smooth one.
What are the most popular programming languages in 2021?
– Type Script
What are the advantages of Java?
– Write Once, Work Anywhere
– Android’s Native Language
– Easy to learn
– Diverse Job Opportunities for Java Programmers
Where to learn to code in Java?
You can effortlessly discover an online course, such as CodeGym, to study it.