Top 10 IDEs for React Native
In the world of feature demanding applications, it is getting tough for developers to develop applications that have an excellent user interface and have great features.
Moreover, the thing that is making it more difficult is that there are different platforms, and developers have to build applications separately for each operating systems like iOS and Android.
However, this problem is solved with the help of React Native that helps the developers create applications that have an excellent interface and have all the necessary and mind-blowing features ready to use for the users.
The best part is that a mobile application will flawlessly work on all the platforms, so this amazingly saves time and cost for developers, along with saving a lot of effort. As this is a beautiful technology, many new and old developers are looking forward to this.
It is why many tools and IDEs now provide an environment for the development of React Native applications.
The 10 best IDEs that you can use for React Native
To make things easier for you, here we have sorted out the best 10 IDEs that you can use for React Native. So, here we will discuss all of them in detail.
It is a programming platform that is provided by Microsoft, and it comes with some great features. There are a lot of things going on in this tool that make it perfect for most developers.
Features of Visual Studio
The following are some features of Visual Studio.
- Built-in debugger.
- Supports syntax highlighting.
- Some versions have the feature of code completion.
- One of the most used code editors and debuggers with a great community
Pros and cons of Visual Studio
The following are some pros of Visual Studio.
- Its Free
- Available for windows, mac OS, and Linux.
- It comes with a lot of free plugins.
The following are some cons of Visual Studio.
- Less feature-rich than its competitors
- Slow and lags sometimes.
- The code check feature is not that great.
It is a modern-day text editor that can amazingly help you in developing a React Native application. Apart from React Native apps, this is also used for many other technologies that mean it has a great community of developers.
Features of Atom
Here are some features of the Atom.
- The Atom is a cross-platform tool that means it is available on different platforms.
- Atom provides a plugin library that allows you to add a lot of features.
- The syntax highlighting feature is great.
Pros and cons of Atom
The following are some pros of Atom.
- The built-in package manager is great.
- The smart auto-completion feature significantly reduces development time.
- Straightforward interface to learn and use
The following are some cons of Atom.
- The default codes here need some improvement.
- Documentation is not great.
- The platform is a bit slow.
If you are looking for a mature platform, this might be the right option because it is known for its outstanding development features for the last 15 years. Whether it is the variable plugin system of the configuration options, this tool can do a lot more than you think, and it will rarely disappoint you.
Features of WebStorm
The following are some features of WebStorm.
- The built-in web server helps to run projects online.
- Integrated support for react-native application development
- Great Git and GitHub integration make things a lot easier for developers.
Pros and cons of WebStorm
The following are some pros of WebStorm.
- Code refactoring makes coring here a lot easier.
- It supports a lot of plugins.
- The integrated tools for code quality make checking issues very quickly.
The following are some cons of WebStorm.
- The platform is not open-source.
- Free for development but commercial usage.
- Not great in terms of performance.
It is a package that is built on top of the Atom editor. This tool’s main functionality is to increase the features or usability of the Atom, and it does this in a significant way. It comes with some of the most powerful features as well.
Features of Nuclide
Here are some features of Nuclide.
- There are many plugins for adding all the features you need to add to your React Native app.
- Flow support is a great feature for React Native development.
- Remote development makes adding features to your React Native app very easy.
Pros and cons of Nuclide
The following are some pros of Nuclide.
- The process of development is speedy.
- The smart auto-complete feature is a great thing for quick coding.
- The user interface is great.
- The interface of this tool is very clean and productive.
The following are some cons of Nuclide.
- Some options and features feel missing, so there is room for improvement.
- The startup takes a long time.
- Debugging takes so long.
5. Sublime Text
It is another text editor that is used for the development of different technologies. The best part about it is the vast community that uses this platform, and it is also considered one of the most favorite text editors of the developers.
Features of Sublime Text
The following are some features of Sublime Text.
- The selection shortcut is a beneficial feature if you are looking to make changes in your code.
- The command palette helps in setting the syntax of your code.
- A great library of API and packages is beneficial for developers.
- Supports setting key binds and macros for easier coding.
Pros and cons of Sublime Text
The following are some pros of Sublime Text.
- The command line shortcut for direct server upload is a great thing and saves a lot of time.
- The user interface provides a distraction-free coding environment.
- Great for beginners and new programmers.
- Very easy to understand and use.
The following are some cons of Sublime Text.
- It works great for React Native development, but it is not a full IDE.
- Not free is a big issue for a lot of developers.
- The free mode has a lot of annoying notifications.
This React Native app development environment provides impressive features like hot reloading and other integrated tools for streamline development.
Features of Reactide
Here are some features of Reactide.
- Seamless browser integration is provided here.
- Live visualization.
- Easy navigation and editing.
Pros and cons of Reactide
The following are some pros of Reactide.
- Every feature that you want in your React Native app can be added here.
- It is a cross-platform tool.
- Synchronous GUI controls for styles and properties of components.
The following are some cons of Reactide.
- This platform has no cons whatsoever, meaning this could be the perfect tool for you.
7. Vim Editor
Vim editor is a well-known text editor platform among developers because of its configuration properties. As it can change any text, it is loved by a lot of developers.
Features of Vim Editor
The following are some features of the Vim Editor.
- It takes very low space on RAM to run efficiently.
- The command centric feature makes dealing with text related things very quick.
- Different tabs and windows can help work on different projects at the same time.
Pros and cons of Vim Editor
The following are some pros of Vim Editor.
- The recording feature helps to play VIM commands repeatedly that helps in quicker development.
- The code editing process is speedy.
The following are some cons of Vim Editor.
- It takes a long time to get used to the user interface.
- Difficult for beginners because it has a lot of options.
- The documentation is not great.
This editor can be called the most simplistic editor available that misses none of the important features.
Features of GNU Emacs Editor
Here are some features of GNU Emacs Editor
- It is compatible with a lot of tools and platforms.
- Tutorials make it easy to use for beginners.
- It can do a lot more than React Native app development.
Pros and cons of GNU Emacs Editor
The following are some pros of GNU Emacs Editor.
- High-speed coding environment without a lot of issues
- Syntax highlighting feature makes it easier to work on.
- The theme customization feature is a plus point for developers who like customization.
The following are some cons of GNU Emacs Editor.
- Difficult to get used to.
- The initial setup time is very long.
- There are a lot of features, so discovering them might take a long time.
Looking for the best combination of emacs and vim, this is the editor that will provide you the best services. It is because it is a community-driven emacs distribution.
Features of Spacemacs Editor
The following are some features of the Spacemacs Editor.
- The macro and key binding features make development very easy.
- A great user interface is one of the best features here.
- The documentation provided here is more than enough.
Pros and cons of Spacemacs Editor
The following are some pros of Spacemacs Editor.
- This editor is available on several platforms.
- Git integration is beneficial for developers.
- Spacemacs has a great community meaning you will never be stuck on a problem for long.
- Spacemacs editor provides speedy development when it comes to React Native apps.
The following are some cons of Spacemacs Editor.
- The CPU usage is not very optimized here.
- The tool gets slow, lags, or even gets stuck sometimes.
- Once it is stuck, there is nothing left to do other than restarting the tool.
10. DECO IDE
It is known as an all one solution for developing great React Native applications because of its UI and workflow features.
Features of DECO IDE
Here are some features of DECO IDE
- Supports real-time code tweaking
- Component search and insert a great feature in itself.
- The properties related to the GUI of React Native apps are great.
Pros and cons of DECO IDE
The following are some pros of DECO IDE.
- Re-usage of components is supported here that amazingly speeds up the development process.
- Open-source platform.
- You can edit the user interface of your React Native app in real-time.
The following are some cons of DECO IDE.
- Works only on macOS
- The plugin system is not that great.
- The integration of features is not robust.
Selecting the right IDE will heavily affect your performance as a developer, primarily when you work on React Native apps’ development. Each of the integrated development environments has its features, pros, and cons that set it apart from every other.
So, while selecting the environment for your development needs, you must consider the cons, pros, and features of the environment to get the best experience for creating React Native. Here we discussed all the best IDEs that you can use if you are looking to develop React Native applications.
What is React Native?
It’s a cross-platform framework used to build iOS and Android applications.
What is an IDE?
IDE stands for Integrated Development Environment.
What are the best IDEs for React Native?
– Visual Studio
– Sublime Text
– VIM Editor
– GNU Emacs
– Deco IDE