Firebase vs Branch.io | Which is the best?
Firebase and Branch.io are well-known platforms that provide extensive analytic tools that allow you to examine the performance of your mobile app in real time.
It would be beneficial to have analytics to understand your app’s performance. Analytics allows you to examine numerous ways to improve your app’s performance to give the app user a positive experience. When you advertise your app, you need accurate data around which you can build your marketing campaign.
App analytics delves deep into the workings of your app to understand the issues influencing its performance and assists you in resolving them so that the user experience is improved.
An improved user experience improves your marketing efforts, resulting in faster growth, happier consumers, and higher ROI.
This article shares the features and pricing models of two important cloud-based platforms—Firebase and Branch.io. The comparison helps you determine which of them best meets your needs.
Firebase is a Google product hosted on the cloud that uses a NoSQL database with a document model. Firebase can easily be scaled horizontally when storing and synchronizing your data in real-time.
This platform provides powerful analytics, performance monitoring, authentication, crash reporting, messaging, and other capabilities.
These capabilities enable app developers to analyze any app performance in real time and find methods to improve it even further.
Firebase is a robust cloud-based platform that provides a comprehensive analytics support package to ensure that developers can keep track of an app’s important performance indicators to optimize it even further. Some of the crucial features of Firebase include the following:
1. Real-time Database: The Real-time database enables you to build serverless apps that store and sync JSON data in real-time between different users. You can access the data online and offline in a highly secure environment.
2. Remote Configuration: Feature flags can be created during prototyping and development. These flags enable you to modify and optimize the user experience of your app afterward, on the go.
3. Firebase Extensions: The Firebase extensions enable you to add functionality to your app by using open-source, pre-packaged code bundles.
4. App Check: The app check function helps protect your app by restricting traffic that does not have proper credentials.
5. Authentication: The Firebase platform’s authentication functionality allows you to add an end-to-end identity solution to your app, allowing for rapid and easy user authentication and onboarding.
Firebase has two pricing models: the free Spark service and the professional Blaze subscription, which charges based on consumption.
- The Free Spark Plan
In the free Spark plan, you are allowed 1 GiB of stored data, 10 GiB/month of network egress, 10 GB of hosting storage, 360 MB per day of data transfer, and 1 GB of real-time data stored.
- Blaze Plan
This plan is ideal for professionals who require comprehensive features and a tailored solution for their data storage, analytics, and high-performance app development requirements.
In this price model, you get all the features of the Spark plan and several other features for which you have to pay according to your usage.
Some of the additional features in this pricing model include $ 0.108 per additional GiB of cloud Firestore stored data above the 1GiB limit, outbound networking through the cloud up to 5 GB per month, free 500 MB of container storage on the cloud, and many more.
There are many other pricing features of the Firebase platform, and if you wish to learn about them, you should visit their website.
The Branch is a cloud-based platform that aids in app growth and user experience and improves success in both organic and paid marketing campaigns for the app.
The Branch ensures that the links you have created always route your users to your app by handling all the complexities.
The Branch helps measure engagement and performance by analyzing the data from different marketing channels.
This powerful platform can work seamlessly with other marketing tech stacks and offer flexible data export products, ESPs, analytical tools, and integration with leading ad networks.
The Branch has numerous useful tools that allow you to assess your app’s performance and take suitable actions to improve it even more. Some of the features of this powerful cloud-based platform include the following:
1. Improve web-to-app conversion: The Branch platform allows you to convert low-cost web traffic into app users with triggered banners. These banners allow your mobile web visitors a quick and easy pathway into your app.
2. Universal Additions: The universal app features give new users a great experience, encouraging them to use your app more.
3. Universal email: Universal email helps increase engagement and improves the down-funnel conversion rate from email to the app. It also helps monitor and measure email campaign performance across platforms.
4. Quick links: This feature of Branch.io helps in creating links to your app to drive users from social media platforms, influencer networks, and blog posts to view your content.
5. Data Feed: The data feed feature allows you to export the branch data to get more insight from your other analytical tools about your app’s performance.
Branch.io offers two price models: free Launch and customized pricing-based Enterprise.
This free plan focuses on small businesses and start-ups who want to improve their mobile adoption and monetization.
This plan includes the following features: web-to-app journeys, deep cross-platform linking, branded links, apps your redirect linked with one connection, and cross-platform attribution.
This is a tailored price option for early adopters of mobile technology. It is intended for those who want a sophisticated technology stack or large companies looking to boost their mobile presence.
The cost is determined by the type of technology required by the user. This plan includes everything you find in the launch plan; you also get advanced fraud prevention features, custom audience building, enterprise SLAs, cross-platform cohorting, and flexible data retention windows.
Branch vs Firebase Comparison
|Overview||App development platform||Mobile linking platform|
|Parent company||Independent |
|Pricing||Pay as you go||Custom pricing|
|Core features||NoSQL databases|
Both Firebase and Branch.io are excellent platforms with distinct features.
While Firebase provides various services for developing mobile and web apps, Branch concentrates solely on attribution and deep linking.
Therefore, if you are looking for a platform that offers robust functionality from deep links and if your app depends quite heavily on traffic growth and advertising, Branch.io is perfect for you.
Choose Firebase if you want a comprehensive platform to help you with app development, testing, analytics, and other tasks.