Heroku vs Qovery – Which is the best?
This article will explore the differences and similarities between Heroku vs Qovery. It will cover the core features and pricing of each provider.
If you are looking for a cloud platform solution that helps you to create, launch, monitor and scale apps, then there are multiple options available for you.
Cloud platform provides you the infrastructure that you will need to create and deploy robust and highly functional apps. It also allows you to test the app to ensure that it does not have any bugs and it performs as it is designed.
When you build an app with the help of Platform as a Service (PaaS), then you don’t have to worry about the infrastructure. The cloud development platform provides all the tools necessary for app development and deployment.
What is Heroku?
Heroku is a highly popular PaaS platform that allows developers to create sophisticated applications and deploy it. If the need arises, then the developer can easily scale up without any hassle.
This widely relied upon platform supports multiple programming languages such as Ruby, Node.js, Java, Python, Clojure and Scala.
To run the application in Heroku, you have to use virtual containers which are called Dynos. This highly robust platform charges the developer according to how many virtual machines they are using for their applications.
Heroku platform use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to run the application. The developers can create apps much faster in Heroku and it is also highly convenient to use.
Heroku has some important features that make it popular with the developers. These features include the following:
1. Use it for free: If you want to check the functionality of Heroku, you can register on its free version. This version has certain restrictions and has only very basic functionality, but it is quite good for those who are looking to develop a simple cloud app. Developers can use this plan to test the features of Heroku, and if they are satisfied, then they can subscribe to the premium version.
2. Simple to use: The Heroku PaaS is quite simple to use, and its free pack is perfect for small projects. However, if you require something more complex to develop an enterprise-level app, you can opt for the premium packages. The highly sophisticated Heroku dashboard allows the user to easily manage and monitor the app, and when required scale it up.
3. Make the job of the developer easy: Heroku is a developer-friendly cloud platform. It allows them to access several sophisticated app development tools for the coding process, which in turn accelerates the development process. The platform has a range of features that allows the developer to add highly complex features to the app to make it more useful.
4. It is quite easy to scale: Heroku uses Dynos to run any code written by the developers. Each dyno is a self-contained module that contains CPU, memory and other application codes and its related dependencies. The autoscaling feature of Heroku can spot rising traffic and based on increased traffic it can create more Dynos.
5. Security: Heroku is a very highly secure PaaS platform. It offers a high level of security for its servers that makes the application code fool proof from any unauthorised interference.
6. Sophisticated CLI: The Command Line Interference of Heroku allows developers to create and manage their applications more easily.
7. Third-party support: The Heroku ecosystem allows the integration of add-ons, which improves the functionality of the app.
Heroku has four different pricing plans, these are as follows:
1. Free and Hobby: It is completely free, and it is perfect for testing proof of concepts, MVPs and non-commercial apps.
2. Production: For this plan of Heroku, you have to pay $ 25 per month. It is right for customer-facing or internal web apps.
3. Advanced: This price package is for mission-critical apps that have highly complex functionalities and require low latency and can handle a large number of concurrent requests. You have to pay $ 250 per month for this plan.
4. The enterprise: This plan is perfect for large enterprises and its pricing is based on what type of functionalities you are seeking.
What is Qovery?
Qovery is similar to Heroku, but for any cloud. A developer can use it to deploy his/her app quickly. This platform can integrate effortlessly with GitHub.
The developer can spend their time more profitably by creating apps instead of facing issues like deployment of the app, CDN, network, synchronising databases, managing to stage and so on.
This powerful cloud platform offers several features that make the task of the developer smoother. Some important features of Qovery includes the following:
1. Runs on AWS account: The Qovery runs on the AWS account, which helps it to simplify the access of developers to the cloud, making the deployment of the app very fast.
2. Cloud cost optimization: Qovery helps in cloud cost optimisation by automatically turning off unused resources, reducing the number of dependencies, and automatically upscaling or downscaling your app as per usage.
3. High reliability and better performance: Qovery runs on the AWS account which offers better reliability, lower cost and performance compared to Heroku.
4. Infrastructure and DevOps control: Qovery users managed services that are offered by the cloud provider. The developer has full control over the infrastructure and can allocate the resources he/she needs for the deployment of the app.
5. More privacy: Qovery does not host the data of the app. The data is stored safely in the AWS account, including the app logs in an encrypted form. This ensures more privacy for the app user.
Qovery offers three different pricing options for different needs of the app developer.
1. Free: This pack allows you to deploy your app on your cloud account. As the name suggests, you do not have to pay any money when you register for this package.
2. Team: This pricing pack of Qovery is perfect for small business that allows them easy scaling up their app as and when required. For this pack, you have to pay $ 49 per month.
3. Enterprise: If you are looking for a highly robust platform solution for your app deployment enterprise-level security and compliance, then this price plan is perfect for you.
Heroku and Qovery are both very robust cloud platforms that offer a range of features to the app developers to create and deploy their apps quickly.
Furthermore, these platforms also manage the app and scale it up or down as per your requirements. Both platforms have their specific advantages.
Therefore, check which one of these two offers you the maximum advantage and choose it to deploy your app seamlessly to the cloud platform.
What is Heroku?
PaaS platform that allows developers to create sophisticated applications and deploy it.
What is Qovery?
It is an open-source abstraction layer library that turns effortless app deployment on GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.