- 1 What is a Framework?
- 2 Advantages of Using a Framework for Development?
- 7 1. AngularJS
- 8 2. ReactJS
- 9 3. VueJS
- 10 4. EmberJS
- 11 5. MeteorJS
- 12 6. ExpressJS
- 13 7. NodeJS
- 14 8. Polymer
- 15 9. Svelte
- 16 10. Backbone
- 17 Conclusion
- 18 FAQ
What is a Framework?
An authentic or abstract structure that consists of prespecified functionalities and classes to aid as a fundamental pillar in the development process is known as a framework. These structures or schemes are groups of modules and artefacts that programmers can reuse in distinct projects.
Moreover, the frameworks are beneficial to confer scripting libraries, compiler and other development support to the coders. Modular, hybrid, data and keyword-driven are the basic framework kinds that developers can utilize for their projects.
Advantages of Using a Framework for Development?
Frameworks have made the development process very easy. They offer numerous advantages to programmers. Withal, we are sharing the core benefits of using frameworks below:
The significant advantage of using a framework for development is its efficient scripting. Indeed, frameworks don’t only make the short script blocks but also overcome the coding errors. You also don’t have to write the code again and again because of the reusability nature of frameworks. This efficient coding also saves the time and money of businesses.
Most of the frameworks come with built-in security features. Yes, while using an appropriate framework, software engineers don’t have to worry about cyberattacks and data security because frameworks facilitate them against data tampering, SQL injections, malware attacks and cross-site falsifications.
If you are a coder and don’t want to script the codes from the beginning each time, then you must pick a suitable framework to reduce your tension.
It becomes super fast for app developers to build, deploy, manage, secure, and launch an application with a framework. In this regard, frameworks confer ready to use codes, allow simple unit tests and automize the functionalities, including URL mapping, caching, authentication and session management.
Easy Integration with Databases & Third-Party Tools
It is also seamless to integrate applications with databases when you use a framework. Usually, developers benefit from the Object Relational Mapper (ORM) tool to deal with relational databases without writing and using long SQL scripts. Similarly, frameworks also make it easy for coders to utilize third-party tools, including third-party plugins, libraries and much more.
A considerable number of programming frameworks facilitate the development world with an open-source label. Developers can use them free of cost and without any particular licensing. In the same token, these open-source frameworks also own significant communities and provide resources to assist the coders.
This guide presents the core JS advantages in the format of bullets below:
- Properties like platform independence and JIT compilation enhance the development speed of your project. JS uses the client browser that is why it doesn’t need any external support or resources. So, it doesn’t slow down the application.
- Distinct browsers typically interpret this programming language in different ways. Therefore, its use becomes challenging for coders when interacting with its interface and functions by using different browsers.
- As an old programming language, its compiler could be more advanced.
- It doesn’t provide proper debugging facilities, mainly when we compare them with C languages.
AngularJS is typically used to build and run single-page software apps. Reputed applications that are using AngularJS are Gmail, PayPal and Snapchat.
Two-Way Binding — AngularJS provides great coordination between the view and model. If you conduct any change in the model, it will also spontaneously appear in the view data and vice versa. Because of this feature, it also uses a less intrusive path to build the user interface with the help of DOM.
Google’s Support — Another reason for using this JS framework is Google’s support. All of us know, Google always hires one of the top programmers who can quickly find and fix all kinds of errors.
Real-Time Testing — Within no time testing is also an exciting feature of AngularJS. In this regard, it confers both unit and end-to-end testing capabilities for associated applications.
POJO Model — Because Angular benefits from the POJO model that is why coders don’t need to include extra elements to gather data sources.
Routing — AngularJS is considered the best choice to build single-page applications. Therefore, the routing property loads the view on the same page for particular URL inquiries.
- It could be challenging for developers who are not familiar enough with Model-View-Controller patterns to deal with AngularJS.
- It could be a time-consuming activity if you are using aged computing devices.
Statista’s survey of most used web frameworks 2021 also listed ReactJS on the top with 40.14% of respondents’ votes. This open-source framework also has an extensive community and has around 175K plus stars on GitHub. Facebook, Instagram and Amazon are the major tech giants that use the ReactJS framework.
Reusable Components — To overcome the development duration of an application, the reusability feature of components is beneficial when you use ReactJS. Indeed, all React apps consist of components and reusing them isn’t only time-efficient but also reduces the development cost.
Debugging Tools — It is simple to debug with ReactJS. In this regard, coders can also install React Developer Tool as a Chrome extension. Facebook launches this extension so you can use it without any ambiguity.
Virtual DOM — Virtual DOM also offers many advantages to developers. It only modifies the elements that are altered by developers, and the entire unvaried part remains the same.
Event Handling — With complete compatibility with W3C specifications, ReactJS owns its event structure.
- It is tough to create appropriate documentation for ReactJS because of constant updates.
- With ReactJS, it is also hard to follow new modifications that come with updates.
This framework also has a big community, and around 32146 developers shared on StackShare about using Vue.js. The major companies that are benefiting from VueJS are Stack, Alibaba Travels and GitLab.
Lightweight — This is one of the lightweight JS frameworks that only takes 18 KB when downloading its zip file. Its light features also improve the search engine ranking and user interface capabilities of your app.
Two-Way Data Binding — With the help of the two-way binding characteristic of Vue.js, coders can update the view and model simultaneously. It saves both the time and energy of development teams.
Routing & Testing — It also offers good rendering features. An app user can approach different URLs from the main page. Vue.js also confers numerous testing tools, and unit testing is prominent among them.
Tools & Libraries — It is also seamless to install and interact with libraries and third-party APIs and plugins while using Vue.js. The primary development tools that it confers are Vue CLI and Vue Loader.
- Most of the VueJS developers belong to China, due to which it becomes hard to get solutions to different issues. These Chinese programmers are not good enough to convey solutions in English. So, language could be a great barrier here.
- VueJS is not very flexible for big projects.
- It also lacks the scalability features, typically used plugins and libraries compared to the competitors.
Prominent companies that use EmberJS are Twitch, LinkedIn, DigitalOcean and Olo.
Ember CLI — It plays the core role in app creation. Yes, Ember CLI enables accurate file placement, auto-reloads and rebuilds quickly.
Community Support — This framework also comes with community support. Even you can find discussion forums, resources and much more on its ‘community’ page.
Potent Add-Ons — To find all necessary Ember.js packages and components, you can visit its official site. You can conveniently create an add-on by using the instruction of ‘Ember add-on with its name’.
Ember Octane — To work more efficiently and with the use of modern functionalities, Ember’s programming team launched Ember Octane. It could be the future of app development.
- It is tough for novices to learn this JS framework compared to Vue and React.
- Ember.js doesn’t offer UI components. Its provided libraries and plugins are also limited in count compared to other JS frameworks.
It is also a free JS framework that is known because of its full-stack properties. Yes, it is not only a client-side framework, but you can also utilize it for server-side within the NodeJS environment. Meteor.js is not only suitable for building web applications, but you can also create exciting mobile and desktop software by using this.
Easy Integration — It is quick to integrate this framework with other technologies, including ReactJS, VueJS, and Cordova.
Scalable — Meteor.js is also scalable with its properties like Galaxy Hosting. It allows the coders to emphasize more on the building because it deals with DevOps, hosting and project extension requirements.
Cross-Platform — With this JS framework, developers can run the same script on distinct OS and devices, including Android, desktop, iOS and web.
- It is not a good idea to use SQL databases with MeteorJS.
- As a young framework, it still has much room for improvement for testing and building more reliable versions.
Statista also presented it on the 3rd rank as per the results of an online survey of the most used web frameworks by developers by 2021. Around 16067 developers also mentioned on StackShare that they utilize Express for their JS projects.
Quick Backend Developer — If you are in search of a JS framework for fast server-side development, then the selection of Express.js is the best decision. It doesn’t use lengthy codes and also overcomes the development time.
Debugging — Express is also known because of its interesting debugging properties. It targets the bugged sections of an app precisely.
Templates — With Express.js, you can explore a variety of server-side HTML templates. This collection will fascinate the backend coders.
- Developers should follow some good suggestions to keep the code organized with Express.js.
- It is tough to master the callback type when you work with ExpressJS.
Uber, Netflix, Reddit, Udemy, Slack and Twitter are the reputed tech giants that use Node.js for their projects.
Fast Caching — With quick caching, you can load the app pages with fast speed.
Efficient & Scalable — It is not quick to build applications with NodeJS, but it also reduces the time-to-market, boosts the response time and provides great productivity. Netflix has recently witnessed these benefits when it switched from Java to JS and started using this framework. You can also extend the resources with NodeJS whenever you want.
- The demand for Node.js developers is high in the coding market, but unluckily, only a few seasoned Node.js developers are available.
- It is not a good option when it comes to dealing with heavy-duty and big projects.
Google Cloud Partner and Taboola are the major companies that are using Polymer.
Cross-Browser Compatibility — If you are looking for a JS framework with cross-browser features, then you should pick PolymerJS. You can definitely use it on different web browsers.
Fast Development — It uses Google supported tools, custom designs, and advanced features that enable hybrid app development quickly with Polymer.
- It is not a suitable choice if you are looking for a powerful JS engine to build mobile apps.
GoDaddy, IBM and Rakuten are tech businesses that are using Svelte.
Less Coding — With Svelte, developers can build HTML, JS and CSS apps with concise codes.
No Virtual DOM — It utilizes vanilla.js to script compilation that is why it doesn’t need virtual DOM.
- Like the other frameworks, it gives limited support for an integrated development environment.
- It is still a new framework that needs to add many dev tools in its catalogue.
Lightweight — Because of its small size, developers consider it a library other than a framework.
MVC — Its MVC model allows programmers to build applications with excellent efficiency, and changes don’t influence the entire system.
- If you are not a seasoned JS developer, then you can face memory leak problems with Backbone.
- Compared to the other frameworks, it is also less productive and has problems with architecture.
Likewise, for front-end development tasks, AngularJS and VueJS could be popular choices. Similarly, developers can rely on ExpressJS and NodeJS for server-side tasks.
– Easy to use
– Very popular