Meteor vs Firebase
Having an application has become essential for every business to survive. As mobility continues to transform, businesses with their dedicated applications are getting more attention than others. However, to succeed in a highly competitive and ever-growing market of applications requires different steps.
These include extensive planning, in-depth research, strategy building, and assessment of the current app development ecosystem for enterprise-level applications before building a new application.
However, app development platforms are helping developers to accelerate the development process by providing them all the essential tools and services in this regard.
Meteor vs Firebase: how to choose the best one?
Do you want to know Meteor vs Firebase to see which of these tools is more suitable for your next project? If this is troubling your mind, then reading the overview of both frameworks below is what you need to know. So, let’s look at the detailed overview of each framework here to know more about the things in this regard.
Meteor is an open-source application development platform based on JS that can let its users develop mobile, desktop, and web applications in way less time than conventional application development processes.
This platform is meant to let its users get more with fewer code lines with the help of its integration with JS stack, which has extended from the user’s display to databases and more.
- Due to this, Meteor has made it quicker and easier to develop apps for any device, from desktops to mobiles, while pushing new enhancements and features.
- You can update your existing applications without letting the end-user redownload the applications to get updated versions.
- Meteor can also help developers develop real-time applications quickly due to the availability of this feature in their core model. You can develop a simple desktop, mobile, or web application with Meteor, and it will automatically turn into a real-time application with Meteor. The database template will be updated as soon as any data updation is done by the user.
This platform can give you the freedom to write frontend, backend, and databases of your applications in JS only with the exclusive benefits of the cross-platform solution.
Overall, Meteor can let you develop attractive applications with fewer lines of code. Also, it can accelerate the process of application development for developers in the best possible way.
Meteor Core Features
Here we have the key features of Meteor that you must know:
- App development based on JS
- Open-source platform
- Supports CSS, HTML as well as other static assets
- Hot push for new features
- JQuery and JS libraries
- Real-time capabilities
- Highly reactive user interfaces
- Community packaging
- Official developer support
- Galaxy hosting and more.
Meteor is one of the most trusted app development platforms even by big brands in multiple industries. It is mainly because the platform is highly user-friendly and offers its users plug-and-play functionalities for added convenience. It can let you get started with app development on Meteor with just a few commands.
Additionally, it also allows users to complete their application development projects quickly and makes it easier to experience the new routes in this regard.
It also uses a de-facto web, mobile, and desktop app-building standard and offers you complete stack client-server-based solutions. You can even experience the best hosting services here to host your apps easily.
Firebase is a BaaS platform acquired by Google in 2014. This platform has transformed the way mobile and web applications used to develop previously. Firebase is a particularly helpful app development platform for creating rich and modern business applications. So, meeting the growing needs of users can become easier for developers in the best possible way.
- Most importantly, it is quite simple to develop feature-rich applications with Firebase. This platform comes up with all the essential tools that have made app development quicker with modern technologies.
- It can also let you build successful and scalable applications for both (iOS, Android, and web) in the cloud. As a result, developers don’t need to worry about the application’s storage, infrastructure, and even scalability. With Firebase, the transfer and storage of your app data are simple, efficient, and easier, just like Google Drive.
- Whichever kind of data through your app has been stored in Firebase it will stay in a central repository. Additionally, the overall data transfer in Firebase automatically happened once the user had updated the data.
Also, Firebase is a more suitable solution to build real-time applications such as music sharing applications, chat applications, collaboration tools, etc. Overall, it is a simple and intuitive cloud platform helping developers to create modern and rich applications within hours.
Firebase Core Features
Let’s have a look at the core features of Firebase below that you must know:
- Access control
- User authentication
- Mobile development
- Version control
- Testing management
- App analytics
- Real-time database
- REST APIs
- Third-party integrations
- Social integrations
- Push notification
- Cloud storage
- Performance monitoring and much more.
The article mBaaS features provides more information about the features of a backend service.
Do you want to know how Firebase can benefit you in the app development process? Let’s look at the core benefits of Firebase below to get to know more about it here.
So, here we go:
Arguably, price is a pressing aspect to consider during app development processes. However, Firebase can let you lower your initial investment by providing a free trial and a subscription-based service model. You can easily choose your preferred subscription option initially and then grow it as per your needs in the future.
Overall, it can let you pay for what exactly you need.
Firebase is focused on providing you enterprise-level solutions. So, you can create top-performing and highly aesthetic applications within no time. Even more, the platform is friendly for startups, not only because of its convenient pricing plans but also because of its quick setup and use.
Firebase also provides you amazing suggestions to make your applications more effective and user-friendly. Whether you want to use a serverless application or need to integrate a real-time database in your application, Firebase can let you do it all with ease.
Both Firebase and Meteor are amazing app development platforms that can let you create applications quickly. However, you can choose the best one based on your personal needs with ease.
What is Meteor?
What is Firebase?
Backend app development platform from Google.
What are the differences between Meteor and Firebase?
– Meteor is open-source
– Firebase is a proprietary technology from Google
– Firebase provides cloud services
– It’s required to download and self-host Meteor
– Firebase covers mobile and web development