Everything You Need to know about Back-end as a service platforms
– Reduce time to market – Reduce the cost of development – Assign fewer backend developers to a project (same results with fewer developers) – Outsource cloud infrastructure
Business benefits of Baas
– Focus on frontend development – Excludes redundant stack setup – No need to program boilerplate code – Standardize the coding environment – Let backend developers program high-value lines of code
Technical Benefits of BaaS
– Making an MVP – Minimum Viable Product – Stand-alone apps or applications that require a small number of integrations – Enterprise apps that are not mission-critical
When to use a backend as a service?
– Scalable Database (NoSQL or SQL) – APIs (GraphQL and REST) – Business Logic via Cloud Code Functions – User authentication – Social Integration (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) – Email Verification – Push Notifications – Geolocation – Database Graphical User Interface (GUI) – Logs – CDN and Cache – Infrastructure
Common Features of Back-end as a service
– Real-time applications (chat, messaging apps like Slack) – Transportation apps (similar to Uber) – Social-network type apps – Ecommerce apps – Music or Video streaming apps – Games
What types of projects run best on a Backend as a Service?
Top Back-end as a service companies: