Top 10 React Native Backend Database Services
In this era of smartphones, technology, web, and app development backend is very important. A high-quality backend and database are essential to ensure that quality apps and websites are developed for the clients. People prefer to do most of their tasks using phones, due to which loading speed is crucial.
If the loading speed is low, your customers will look out for other alternatives available online. That is why app and web developers are always looking for the best platforms and techniques to help them develop the best quality apps for their clients. We have the list of best backend and database platforms for your React Native app to help you out here.
What is React Native
It is getting tough for the developers to keep up with the applications’ quality across all the platforms. It is because every platform needs its application to be developed in its native framework. React Native is the platform that helps the application developers in this case.
React Native advantages
Some advantages of using React Native are mentioned below.
- There is a colossal community present on this platform.
- Modular architecture allows the reuse of code.
- The live reload option makes testing and developing the applications straightforward and quick.
- The applications perform very well because of native support.
- It saves time and development costs.
What is the backend as a service?
As the applications are becoming more feature-rich with every passing day, things are getting complex for the developers and the users. So, the developers need to make the interface of the applications as user friendly as possible. It gets effortless when a backend as a service is used because the developers only have to develop the application interface.
Backend as a Service Advantages
As the service provider manages the backend, the developers can enjoy many benefits while using the backend as a service. Here we have some of those benefits.
- The development speed is drastically increased as the interface is only needed to be developed.
- The development time is saved so developers can focus on more projects in less time.
- The development cost is significantly decreased because a team of developers is not required.
- There is no need to pay for hosting services or manage personal servers.
- Backend as s service options come with great and easy to use scalability options.
- It is a very secure option.
- The performance of your applications is improved when you use managed backend services.
The Best 10 React Native Databases
When you are looking to develop a mobile application using React Native, you will require a service to provide the backend and database services. Many providers offer these services, and you can opt for them depending on the features you get.
Here we have provided the details about the top 10 backend services you can use for your React Native applications.
|AWS Aurora||Scalable Hosting||Scalable Hosting|
|Digital Ocean DB||Database||Scalable Hosting|
Want more in depth information? Keep on reading:
Back4App provides you the backend and database services where the need to write code for using the database’s functionality is minimal. It is because you can use and implement this database’s features in the form of a graphical structure. Here we have listed the features and pricing of Back4App.
Features of Back4App
The following are the features of Back4App.
- The users of your application are kept up to date because of the Real-time queries.
- Works on GraphQL and REST APIs.
- The interface is present in a spreadsheet format that makes it easy for the developers to manage data.
- Keep your users engaged with the help of push notifications and email notifications.
Back4App Pricing Policies
Back4App has three main plans. Here are the details of all of them.
- There is a free plan available for everyone.
- The shared plans have four different packages ranging from $5 to $100 depending on the services you use.
- The dedicated plans have three different packages ranging from $250 to $1000 depending on the services you use.
- You can get enterprise services upon contacting them.
One great thing about using the services of Back4App is that you can get a 20% discount if you choose to pay annually for any of the packages.
2. Watermelon DB
Watermelon DB provides the developers with the options to manage their data with great ease. You can add complex data management features by using this platform, and the best part is that this database is purposed to make your applications load fast.
This is done because the Watermelon DB only loads the unnecessary things when they are requested to be loaded. This makes the hardware available and performs well for the necessary functions.
Features of Watermelon DB
Some of the features of Watermelon DB are listed below.
- It provides scalable options.
- The specialty of Watermelon DB is that here synchronization engine is used. It helps to keep the database synchronized with the Remote database.
- Very easy and quick to use.
Watermelon DB Pricing policies
Watermelon DB is free to download.
Firebase is a platform provided by Google that can be very helpful for developing applications. Here you get the real-time database services because of the cloud-hosted NoSQL database.
Features of Firebase
Here are some features of Firebase.
- Firebase is a very secure platform for managing your user’s data because of Google’s security backup.
- When you use Firebase for the database of your application, you get the scalability options to increase the database size.
- Analytics is vital for mobile applications because it tells about the performance of your application. Firebase provides the analytics of your application.
Firebase Pricing policies.
Firebase has two main plans. One is the free plan, and the other one is a pay as you go. Here you can select the services you need, and you will only be charged for the services you are using.
Parse is a multifunctional platform that will help you develop the database for your application. It also helps in building an excellent backend for your React Native applications. One of Parse’s best things is that it helps to manage the file system for your applications, making some features very fast when needed.
Features of Parse.
Some features of the parse are mentioned below.
- You can use it with GraphQL and REST APIs that are very easy to manage and use.
- The data modeling feature of the parse makes it very functional for different types of mobile applications.
- Parse is an excellent platform if you want to keep your users up to date with the help of Email notifications, push notifications, and real-time notifications.
Parse Pricing Policies.
Parse is free to download.
Realm helps the developers in building an excellent database for their mobile applications. However, these database and backend services are more functional than some other ones. The Realm comes with Realm Sync that helps keep the data up to date in real-time for all the users and the servers.
Features of Realm.
Some of the features of Reals are mentioned here.
- The database is elementary to use and maintain.
- The database takes no time for integration with your system.
- SQL oriented databases make it very easy for the developers to use it.
Realm Pricing policies.
Realm offers three packages for its users. The details about every package offered by Realm are mentioned below.
- A free package is best for small applications where the requirement is only up to 5GB.
- The Dedicated Clusters package costs $57 per month.
- The Dedicated Multi-Region Clusters package costs $95 per month. It is the best package for world-class applications.
Backendless provides the developers with the options to develop the backend of their applications with quick development services. It is a platform that offers different types of database servers according to your needs of the server.
Features of Backendless
The features of Backendless are mentioned below.
- The servers that you get here are fully protected because of a multi-tiered security system.
- If you are looking to implement logic, you can do this without using code using visual construction.
- Real-time updating of data means that the data will stay the same for all users and servers.
Backendless Pricing policies.
Backendless has three packages, and here are the details about each of the packages.
- Free package.
- The cloud 9 package costs $25 per month.
- The Cloud 99 package costs $99 per month. This package offers a free trial as well.
Kinvey provides one of the best backend services for your React Native applications. The best thing about this platform is that it supports the fast and easy development of your application running on a cloud-backend. Easy development is possible because of the pre-built components of the tool.
Features of Kinvey
Some amazing features of Kinvey are mentioned here.
- Kinvey helps the developers to focus more on the user interface of the application by providing pre-built functions.
- Creating the login and authentication pages connected to Kinvey is a very easy process.
- When you build and manage the application with the help of Kinvey, you have full control over the application code and the data as well.
Kinvey Pricing policies
There are different packages offered by Kinvey. The details of each package offered by Kinvey are mentioned below.
- The Started Package costs $2500 per year.
- The Starter pro package costs $5000 per year.
- The Starter max package costs $7500 per year.
- The Business package costs $15000 per year.
- There is an enterprise package where you can get a quote upon contacting them.
Although there is no free package available, you can still get a free trial for the package that you choose.
8. AWS Aurora
AWS Aurora is a platform that works on MySQL based databases. It is a platform provided by Amazon, so security is not an issue because it is baked with Amazon’s security. The MySQL compatibility of this platform makes it very easy for the developers to integrate the database services.
Features of AWS Aurora
Features of AWS Aurora are mentioned below.
- It helps in developing high performing applications.
- The database and backend services are highly scalable.
AWS Aurora Pricing policies
This is a pay as you go platform to select the services and then know about the total cost of the services you use.
9. Digital Ocean Databases
Digital Ocean Databases is a platform that provides the services of managed databases for your React Native applications. Its managed databases come in very handy for the developers because the time required for managing the database and its services is significantly reduced. It makes the developers focus more on the interface of the application.
Features of Digital Ocean Databases
The features of Digital Ocean Databases are mentioned below.
- It is straightforward to set up, use, and maintain the platform.
- The database services are highly scalable.
- Digital Ocean Databases are very reliable in terms of performance.
Digital Ocean Databases Pricing Policies
Digital Ocean Databases is a pay as you go platform to select the services you want to use. The price will be calculated according to the services that you select.
10. SQ Lite
SQ Lite is a platform that helps maintain the data of your React Native applications with its relational database structure. It provides serverless services that also require no configuration process.
Features of SQ Lite
The features of SQ Lite are mentioned below.
- It is a very reliable platform for the database of your React Native apps.
- It is best for you if you want well-performing applications.
SQ Lite Pricing policies
This is a free to use platform.
This article presented the best ten backend database services for a React Native application. It compared the pros and cons of each platform, core features, and pricing structure. We hope that you can plan and select the perfect platform that meets your demands perfectly.
What is React Native?
What are the benefits of React Native?
– Colossal community.
– Modular architecture allows the reuse of code.
– The live reload option makes testing and developing the applications straightforward and quick.
– The applications perform very well because of native support.
– It saves time and development costs.
What are the best backend databases for React Native?
– Watermelon DB
– SQ Lite
– Digital Ocean Databases
– AWS Aurora