Content management systems (CMS) allow end-users to create, publish, and manage content on a website without the need to learn to code for it. It dramatically reduces the cost of maintaining a website, as the CMS handles the basic coding, allowing non-technical users to publish or modify content themselves.
When discussing CMSs, Contentful and Firebase regularly come up as preferable choices, and users are often confused about which one to use to maintain a website.
Continue reading as we dissect each of them and highlight their benefits so that you can make an informed choice when selecting one for yourself.
- Contentful is a CMS to build, manage and publish content on any digital channel
- Firebase is Google’s application development platform
- Firebase and Contentful provide a generous free tier to start
- Contentful is centered around CMS multi-channel experiences
- Firebase is centered around backend development