How to build an app using ChatGPT prompts?
In a digital world where applications are becoming the backbone of industries, many have ideas but lack the technical prowess to make them a reality.
However, the integration of ChatGPT with Back4app makes this dream attainable for even the least tech-savvy individuals.
In this post, we delve into how you can leverage these platforms to build an application from scratch.
Overview about ChatGPT
ChatGPT, a product under OpenAI’s umbrella, is a powerful language model that can interpret and generate human-like text based on the prompts it receives.
The recent iterations, such as the GPT-4, have opened up numerous possibilities, including aiding in app development processes by generating code snippets, database structures, and more.
Overview about Back4app
The platform simplifies the development process and offers various plugins, one of which is designed to integrate seamlessly with ChatGPT.
How to build an application using ChatGPT prompts?
Let’s take a step-by-step walkthrough based on a sample YouTube tutorial:
- Initiating the Process:
- Start with an idea. For our example, we’re building a “Science Social Network” app, similar to Twitter but focused on scientific discussions.
- Navigate to ChatGPT and select the GPT-4 model.
- Enable the Back4app plugin. This requires visiting account settings and enabling plugins under the beta features.
- Creating the App on Back4app:
- Prompt ChatGPT with a request, e.g., “Please create a new app in Back4app named Science Social Network”.
- ChatGPT will interact with Back4app and create the application.
- Defining Data Structure:
- Ask ChatGPT to describe the data structure of an app that functions like Twitter. For our Science Social Network, it might suggest classes such as User, Tweet, Direct Message, and Hashtag, each with their relevant properties.
- Reflecting the Data Structure:
- With the model’s suggestions, request it to reflect these structures in your app. This will prompt the creation of classes like ‘Direct Message’, ‘Hashtag’, ‘Media’, ‘Tweet’, and ‘User’ in the Back4app platform.
- Populating Data:
- ChatGPT can also assist in populating your app with data. For instance, if you want to populate the app with Nobel Prize winners from 2019 to 2021, ChatGPT can retrieve and persist this information in your Back4app classes.
- Data Retrieval:
- You can prompt ChatGPT to retrieve specific data. As an example, requesting all the Nobel Prize winners from 2020 will provide a table with names and the topics for which they won.
Building an app doesn’t necessarily require a deep knowledge of software development. With tools like ChatGPT and platforms like Back4app, even a non-developer can bring an app idea to life.
If you’re looking to dive into the app development realm without the heavy lifting, consider exploring these platforms. The future of software development is here, and it’s more accessible than ever.