The best mBaaS providers in 2021
The smartphone industry has changed extensively since the introduction of the first smartphone to the world in 2007. Smartphones are everywhere these days, and people are downloading apps like crazy.
According to the Statista website, smartphone users downloaded apps 204 billion times in 2019, and the analytics website projects 258 billion downloads by 2022. This projection is realistic because mobile apps have become a vital strategy for businesses all over the world.
The high demand for mobile apps by smartphone users has increased significantly over the years. The usual app development methods are insufficient because developers are under pressure to create new apps and update existing ones. That is why they readily embraced Mobile Backend as a Service(MBaaS) to develop apps faster and more efficiently.
MBaaS offers developers the resource required to expedite app development and create advanced app functions with minimal effort. Let’s look at MBaaS and why developers are switching to this method of app development.
- 1 An Overview of Backend as a Service (MBaaS)
- 2 The Main Features of MBaaS
- 3 What are the best five mBaaS providers in 2021?
- 4 Who Can Benefit from MBaaS?
- 5 Four Benefits of Mobile Backend as a Service
- 6 How to Benefit from MBaaS
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 FAQ
- 9 What is a mBaaS?
- 10 What are benefits of a mBaaS?
- 11 What are the best mBaaS providers in 2021?
An Overview of Backend as a Service (MBaaS)
MBaaS provides infrastructure and relevant cloud services required to create mobile apps. Therefore, developers no longer have to meddle with infrastructure setup or backend management because the MBaaS company provides all the necessary mobile app development tools. In essence, developers can focus on creating app frontend features and not managing the app backend.
Developers using MBaaS have access to useful features such as push notifications, APIs, cloud storage, authentication, data management, and lots more. These ready-made tools make the procedure of app development faster and less stressful.
The Main Features of MBaaS
- Cloud functions,
- Scalable hosting,
- APIs such as REST and GraphQL,
- Push notifications.
What are the best five mBaaS providers in 2021?
These are the most prominent vendors in 2021:
|Back4app||REST and GraphQL APIs, scalable database, and notifications.||Free tier, pricing starts at $5/month|
|Firebase||Realtime Database, scalable hosting, and analytics.||Free tier, paid plans under the pay as you go model|
|Backendless||Visual programming, realtime database, and cloud hosting.||Free tier, paid plans start at $25/mo.|
|Kinvey||Enterprise connectors, serverless infrastructure, and microservices.||Free trial, paid plans at $2,500 per year|
|AWS Amplify||GraphQL and REST APIs, analytics, and hosting.||Free tier, paid plans under the pay as you go model|
Who Can Benefit from MBaaS?
App development with MBaaS is not a task for an average computer user. Therefore, it is only relevant for people with programming skills. Below is a list of those that can benefit from MBaaS services:
- Freelancers: Freelancers have a lot to benefit from MBaaS platforms. Given the simplicity of creating apps with backend service platforms, an average developer with minimal programming skills can use MBaaS to develop apps without hassles. Freelancers don’t have to work with a backend developer because the MBaaS platform provides a ready to use app backend.
- Small Businesses: Before now, the cost of mobile app development was too high for many businesses. They have to lease servers and hire a team of backend and frontend developers to get the job done. That is no longer the case. With Backend as a Service, a single frontend developer can create a mobile app with modern functions.
- App Development Firms: Companies that create apps for businesses would find it more convenient to develop apps faster with MBaaS. Moreover, they do not have to hire a standby backend developer because the MBaaS company presents a ready to use app backend. So app development companies can handle client’s projects faster at a lower overhead cost.
Four Benefits of Mobile Backend as a Service
Although MBaaS offers several benefits for developers, here are four of the apparent advantages of using MBaaS.
- It helps reduce the costs of creating mobile apps,
- Eliminates the hassles of server management,
- Makes ap development procedures faster, and
- Helps developers create better app UI and UX.
How to Benefit from MBaaS
MBaaS companies do the hard work of managing database, storage scaling, infrastructure, and much more, allowing the developer to focus more on creating the app’s frontend.
Below are four ways to maximize the benefits of MBaaS.
- Create Better UI and UX: Developers should spend more time on the frontend to increase the visual appeal and functions. For instance, they can include beautiful icons, make navigation more intuitive, and create a better user interface in general.
- Add Modern Functions: Contemporary app users expect features like social media integration, multi-factor authentication, push notifications, and the likes. These features are readily available on MBaaS platforms, so developers can implement the features in apps without hassles.
- Create Updates Faster: Since app development is faster with MBaaS, creating necessary fixes and updating apps should no longer be a problem. Therefore, developers should take advantage of MBaaS and update apps more frequently, making the users happy.
- Create Impressive Functions: The success of an app depends mainly on users’ perception of the frontend features. That is why developers should leverage MBaaS to create useful frontend functions. If the users are impressed with an app, they will rate it high and recommend it to other smartphone users.
A Mobile Backend as a Service has made app development more accessible, faster, and cost-efficient. It offers infrastructure, backend programs, and tools that make app development faster and easier. That s why businesses and developers all over the world prefer to create and host their apps with MBaaS.
The best mBaaS providers include companies like Back4app, Backendless, AWS Amplify, Kinvey, and Firebase.
What is a mBaaS?
mBaaS provides infrastructure and relevant cloud services required to create mobile apps. Therefore, developers no longer have to meddle with infrastructure setup or backend management because the MBaaS company provides all the necessary mobile app development tools. In essence, developers can focus on creating app frontend features and not managing the app backend.
What are benefits of a mBaaS?
– Less cost
– Reduced time to market
– Outsourcing the infrastructure
What are the best mBaaS providers in 2021?
– AWS Amplify