Top 10 Tools for Developers in 2020
For greater efficiency, tools are a must-have in every field of work. In the world of software development, some tools are becoming essential with every passing day. Most of the solutions provide generous free tiers and are a great way to start. Here is a list of top 10 tools that developers must use in 2020 for improved efficiency.
- 0.1 1. Source Code Repository: Bitbucket
- 0.2 2. Communication: Slack
- 0.3 3. Backend as a Service: Back4app
- 0.4 4. File Sharing: Google Drive
- 0.5 5. Code Sharing: CodeShare.io
- 0.6 6. Libraries: Libraries.io
- 0.7 7. Project Management: Clickup
- 0.8 8. Documentation: Dropbox Paper
- 0.9 9. Mockup: Smartmockups
- 0.10 10. Integration: Zapier
- 1 Conclusion
1. Source Code Repository: Bitbucket
Bitbucket is a code management service. It is much better than the Git code management service. It gives teams a single platform for all their needs related to planning their projects, collaborating on code, testing, and deploying.
Here users get an unlimited number of free private repositories. It has integration with Trello and Jira which allows users to keep their projects organized. Moreover, the users build deploy and test with their integrated CI/CD which is very beneficial and time-saving.
The code is saved continuously on their cloud API which means that your code is saved, and you can also restrict other users from having actions on your code.
- Their pricing policies include a free package that can be used by only 5 users at most.
- A standard package costs $3 per user month for 1 to 100 users and it starts at $15 per month.
- The premium package costs $6 per user month for 1 to 100 users and it starts at $30 per month.
2. Communication: Slack
Slack is an easy option for teams to professionally communicate from any part of the world. It has some amazing features like organizing your conversations by using dedicated channels. You can also select the important conversations and vice versa for better focus on important work.
It has different dedicated spaces for topics, projects, or teams which makes communication easier and efficient. People with similar interests or projects can even communicate with people from other companies. So, it brings companies together.
They have a free package with minimum features, their standard package costs $6.67, plus package costs $12.50, enterprise package can be decided by contacting them.
3. Backend as a Service: Back4app
This is a platform that is used to automate everything related to backend components like Database, API, File storage, and Server infrastructure. It is a one clicks solution for all of these things which makes you save almost 80% of the time.
It also incorporates all the essential backend features like user management, cloud functions, backup routines, and push notifications.
- Free package is available.
- Shared package costs from $5 to $100 per month and on annual payments, you save 20%.
- Dedicated package costs from $250 to $1000 per month and on annual payments, you save 20%.
- For enterprise services, you can contact them.
4. File Sharing: Google Drive
It is a file-sharing service that can allow users to share their data with others by uploading it. It can also be used as a storage medium which is available on the go. This data can be used, synchronized, and shared among all devices with just one click.
There is free 15 GB volume available for every account. You can pay them to get even more storage space.
It is an online platform where you can share and edit code. It is purposed for interviews, teaching, and troubleshooting. Using it, you can share your code with your teams on the go. Here you can interview the developers by testing their real-time programming skills.
It is also an amazing platform to teach coding by sharing the code with your students. There are many universities and colleges in the world who use this to share codes for programs easily
It is free if you keep it for up to 24 hours. However, you have to signup for their paid services.
6. Libraries: Libraries.io
It is an open-source web service that alerts developers about updates available for newer versions of the software libraries. It also lists software development project dependencies.
Its website manages the dominant packages and libraries by their specific programming languages, keywords, or package managers.
There is no proper information about the pricing on their site, however, you can check their prices when you signup for using their services.
7. Project Management: Clickup
It is a cloud-based project management tool that also allows you to collaborate with your team. You can communicate with your team, use the tools for completing different tasks.
Users can add comments which can be marked solved or unsolved which is a very efficient way of tackling bigger problems by dividing them into smaller parts.
Their free package is available for lifetime usage. The paid package starts at $5 per user which is raised to $9 for the expensive package.
8. Documentation: Dropbox Paper
It is a tool where you can keep all your documents in one place. It is a document processing web-based tool.
This is a free tool, so you don’t need to pay anything to use its services.
9. Mockup: Smartmockups
It is a web-based mockup creation tool. It can be used on any device with an internet connection which makes it very good for people who like to work on the go. The mockups that you design here can be ranging from anything like social media, décor, apparel, technology, print, or packaging.
Free services are available, but the paid packages start from $9 per month and go all the way up to $39 per month.
10. Integration: Zapier
This is an integration tool that helps people with no coding knowledge to integrate their different apps and systems. It is a very powerful, easy, and cost-effective solution for automated integration of systems.
They have 5 packages for the customers which are all listed here.
- The free package comes with minimum services.
- The Starter package is the first paid package and it costs $19.99 per month.
- The Professional package costs $49 per month.
- The Team package costs $299 per month.
- The Company package costs 599 per month.
This was a list of the top 10 tools which are right now available for developers in 2020. These can be effectively used to increase your productivity because most of them are purposed to minimize the humane efforts and maximize the outputs of the work.
What are the best tools for developers?
– Source Code Repository: Bitbucket
– Communication: Slack
– Backend as a Service: Back4app
– File Sharing: Google Drive
– Code Sharing: CodeShare.io
– Libraries: Libraries.io
– Project Management: Clickup
– Documentation: Dropbox Paper
– Mockup: Smartmockups
– Integration: Zapier